Working with Family Day
Caregivers/providers are self-employed individuals who have contracted with Family Day to provide quality child care in their own homes (with a maximum of five children). Caregivers/providers receive ongoing support and access to training, enabling them to provide a high-quality early learning and child development environment in their homes.
Family Day is licensed by the Ontario Ministry of Education to administer the operation of home child care programs in accordance with the CCEYA (Child Care and Early Years Act).
Family Day’s booklet ‘Home Child Care as a small business … what you need to know‘ provides general information for establishing and running a successful Home Child Care business. It includes the following:
- the minimum legal requirements
- your home child care environment
- small business plan guidelines
- frequently asked questions
- valuable websites
Watch our “Talent” video.
Read our Home Child Care Program Statement
Family Day’s Home Child Care program operates in the following areas:
- Peel Region: Brampton, Mississauga, Bolton
- York Region: Markham (south of Major Mackenzie), Thornhill (east of Bathurst), Richmond Hill (east of Bathurst, south of Major Mackenzie)
- Toronto: Scarborough, North York (east of Leslie), East York (north of Danforth)
Are you interested in exploring the possibilities of developing a rewarding career in your own home as a home child care provider? Call our Child Care Services Department at 416-922-3434 or 1-800-263-9703 to discuss the next steps.