Gordon Graydon Early Learning & Child Care Centre
Address: 1490 Ogden Avenue, Mississauga, ON L5E 2H8, Canada
Intersection: South Service Road & Ogden Avenue
Ages: Infant, Toddler, Preschool
Hours: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
To apply, call 416-922-3434 or 1-800-263-9703 or apply online.
For information on a child care fee subsidy, please contact the Region of Peel Children’s Services Department
Centre Phone: 905-268-3335
Programs Available at this Centre
Gordon Graydon Early Learning & Child Care Centre provides high quality licensed care for children 0 to 4 years of age in a stimulating environment so they can learn, grow and thrive. Our programs are based upon an evidence-based curriculum designed to help children reach their full potential. Our qualified early childhood educators facilitate play experiences that will help your child develop foundational skills. All of our centres have access to outdoor spaces and activities.
About our Early Learning & Care Programs
Early Learning and Care programs offered at this location provide children from birth to 4-years of age with the support they need to make a seamless transition to full-day kindergarten.
Family Day programs use the HighScope curriculum, which concentrates on “active participatory learning.” The central belief of HighScope is that children construct their own learning by “doing” and by working with objects, people and ideas with a knowledgeable educator. Our Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE) and Assistant Teachers receive ongoing training in this evidence-based curriculum.
Children in our centres enjoy a warm and caring environment, with access to a range of age-appropriate learning activities.
Please go to our Family Handbooks page to access our Child Care Centre Family Handbook.
We believe that children and families are central to everything we do. We believe in understanding and responding to the needs of our community. We believe in collaboration, support, and mutual respect.
Family-Centred Child Care
Family Day recognizes the importance of the family and the community in child development. As a family-centred child care organization, we work to strengthen the relationships among children, families and communities. Family Day understands culture, diversity, community and public policy all affect child and family development. We support our families and recognize and respect parents as the most important caregivers for children.
8 key principles guiding Family Day staff
- Each family has its own characteristics, strengths and resources.
- All families have strengths.
- Children and their families are part of a community.
- Families have the most influence on their children.
- Parents have interests, roles and responsibilities in addition to their family responsibilities.
- There are many ways for a family to be involved with their child’s care.
- Families and staff both have something to offer each other.
- Staff have opportunities to develop family-centred child care practices.
What our Commitment to Family-Centred care means
- Family members are encouraged to become involved in our programs.
- We promote partnerships with families through communication such as newsletters and special events and program
- Staff and caregivers honour family diversity and values.
- Staff and caregivers support parents’ efforts to advocate for their children.
- We work to establish links between families and the community.
- Family Day parents, staff and caregivers are partners in caring for children. We work to develop relationships that build trust and confidence.