The Flemingdon Park Family Resource Centre offers programs for children (birth to age six) and their parents/caregivers.
The centre is a great space for families where activities are planned using the Early Learning Framework (ELECT) document, a structure for Ontario early childhood education settings. It is a place where both children and adults can learn, socialize and support one another.
Programs at the centre run daily throughout the week, as well as Saturday mornings.
Some of the things offered at the Flemingdon Centre include:
- Pre-registered programs for preschoolers such as Preschool fun with Literacy, Family Math, as well as pre-registered programs for infants such as Sweet Signs and Mother Goose
- A weekly jungle gym program which provides access to an indoor playground (Playground Paradise)
- Programs for parents offered in partnership with Toronto Public Health. These programs include: Living and Learning with Baby/Toddler, Peer Nutrition and Nobody’s Perfect
- A Family Support Worker on site who assists families with their various needs
- Healthy Child Checkups twice per year. Checkups can include dental screenings, eye exams, speech and language meetings, nutritional advice, and early interventionist support
Address: 150 Grenoble Drive Toronto M3C 1E3
Intersection: Overlea/Don Mills